Guide to get wife (spouse) acceptance for Star Citizen

VoA

When i said to my wife when she noticed the bank she said ...

Wife: Whats this for "CLOUD IMP" on the bank

Me: Oh that's a ship in SC i bought

Wife: oh OK

a few months later and another 8 ships slipped on by

Me: oh my freaking god they released a Idris-M to me finally, so im gonna need a Grand to buy it and I need the money now

Wife: WTF, are you crazy aint no way are you getting that kinda money for a make believe ship in a computer generated space game ... NO!

Wife: You know i love you and if we had the money i'd give you what you want, but NO!

Me: that whole day moody, the next 2 days distant, getting semi depressed

3 Days Later

Wife: Thats it ive had it with you being depressed and moody, She stopped and paused, Big Smiled then said Uh go get your ship love.

Me: Oh Hell Yeah, your the best LoveCup and she knows it :)

Idris in hangar yay

And thats what I like to call a Great Woman and Wife 

Every week my wife and I get an allowance from our hard earned money and it's ours to do what we want. I save and buy as needed and never get "what are you buying now?"

I had 3 projects  around the house that I completed and my wife threw in extra $$ for me and said maybe you can buy an extra ship.  I ended up getting the Gladius when it came out.

I know there was some sort of psychology used there but I will leave well enough alone.

Separate bank accounts, and one joint billing account.

No discussion.

No problems.

Everyone is happy.

Exactly the same here. Bought SC ships for more than 1,5 grand and I don't even know exactly what my new multicopter costs (definitely more than SC so far^^).

As long as the monthly payment for the joint billing account goes through, each of us can do with the money whatever the hell we want.^^

@novastorm - No I didn't use women tactics, lets get 100% on the right page here, What i did use was Reverse Psychology, works a charm :)

@IceZaroth™ Reverse psychology would be saying that you didn't even want a ship anymore and end up getting one from her. Crying, pouting and acting depressed for days is a woman's game....

I mean you got what you wanted out of it but personally i'd be ashamed if i were you =P

(since this is the internet and people misunderstand me a lot: i'm just messing with you =) )

@IceZaroth™ Reverse psychology would be saying that you didn't even want a ship anymore and end up getting one from her. Crying, pouting and acting depressed for days is a woman's game....

I mean you got what you wanted out of it but personally i'd be ashamed if i were you =P

(since this is the internet and people misunderstand me a lot: i'm just messing with you =) )

Heck, i'd accept being ashamed! ashamed while sitting in an Idris-M? Yes please :D

You guys are all screwing with my perception of women though, they're all sounding so... reasonable. ;)

YtxEupB.jpg

I spent more on this game in 2 months than my wife spends on shoes in a year.

I'm assuming he's joking, though since he couldn't rationally believe that a broad statement like that applies to all women (or the doublespeak used, "spouses").

Relevant query: Why is some random RSI forumgoer's sexist joke being re-posted on SCB?

Hey, lets not get sexist in here. I have more pairs of shoes than most females do. I understand their point of view, you have to have the right shoes to go with the outfit and mood!

also, separate spending bank accounts and joint bills is the way to go. Wife can spend hers her way, and I could spend mine my own. Never ever had a single fight about money. Also when my wife divorced me and we both went to the judge with everything already divided up and no lawyers involved we blew the judge away. Apparently that never happens?

I'm assuming he's joking, though since he couldn't rationally believe that a broad statement like that applies to all women (or the doublespeak used, "spouses").

Relevant query: Why is some random RSI forumgoer's sexist joke being re-posted on SCB?

Why would that screenshot be sexist?

Its a simple conversation about him, his wife & and by the sound of things, their guilty pleasures they treat themselves too. Its not an assumption he's making about someone elses wife or all women/wives. He's saying that treating himself to something nice on the RSI site, is just like, he's implying, his wife does for shoes. He probably grumbles, but if you're able, and responsible, its nice to treat yourself to something harmless for personal pleasure. Whether its a book, clothes, shoes or some fictional game spaceship.

I dont see it at all, not unless you know more to this 'joke' than is explained in that screenshot, which might be the case, but on face value theres nothing remotely sexist there, and doesnt come across as a 'joke' as if she's the butt of it. Reads more like an amusing retort to 'Have you been buying more spaceships??' in the same manner he's probably asked about her shoe purchasing history appearing on statements.

Cant see any harm in it, or anyone being degraded based on a generalisation, sexism or otherwise.

Was funny... :lol: .... and it contained good advice relative to potential "spouse" agro.... for pledging for Star Citizen :viggo:

That's also why I prefaced the image with the quote below in the OP.

Just "enter" .... "HUSBAND" for "WIFE" ----- if the opposite applies ;)

Hey, lets not get sexist in here. I have more pairs of shoes than most females do. I understand their point of view, you have to have the right shoes to go with the outfit and mood!

also, separate spending bank accounts and joint bills is the way to go. Wife can spend hers her way, and I could spend mine my own. Never ever had a single fight about money. Also when my wife divorced me and we both went to the judge with everything already divided up and no lawyers involved we blew the judge away. Apparently that never happens?

Let me guess: you got the parrots in the settlement.