Hornet = $$$

Weeder76

Depends. Do you want to mostly pew pew instead of trade? Your tag is trading and industry so while the Hornet can carry a few units of cargo, it aint much. Its a solid choice for dogfighting no doubt, but its intended role might not be what your looking for.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Absolutely! I melted down my M50 in order to get my Tracker and had the Super Hornet been available at that time I would have opted for it instead. They take a lot of punishment and can dish it out as well as they can take it in my opinion.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...With great firepower comes great insurance rates.

@Farcaster Or lesser worries with LTI, just gotta pay for those EXPENSIVE blasters, CPUs, Thruster etc... T_T

...my Tracker and had the Super Hornet been available at that time I would have opted for it instead.

@KronosVII Did you end up picking up the F7C-R Hornet to F7C-M S.Hornet upgrade at the recent sale?

Actually through a number of CCU purchases including this most recent sale I was able to get the Super Hornet w/LTI and fully outfitted it with the Mantis Chain Guns. I also did some other CCU's which have now parked a brand new shiny Cutlass Blue w/LTI as well :) In fact I hit that sale so hard a brand new BMM also fell from the sky and landed in my hanger LOL!

I have an LTI F7C-M from 2013 and two recently pledged-for, two-year-insured Super Hornets from when I melted my 890 Jump. Plus a Tracker and a pair of Ghosts. I'm set for Hornets, and I have enough packages to fill a flight of them. CIG demoed a 4-ship flight of Hornets over a year ago, that's what I want to fly with.

I have an LTI F7C-M from 2013 and two recently pledged-for, two-year-insured Super Hornets from when I melted my 890 Jump. Plus a Tracker and a pair of Ghosts. I'm set for Hornets, and I have enough packages to fill a flight of them. CIG demoed a 4-ship flight of Hornets over a year ago, that's what I want to fly with.

T.B.H I would of preferred to of kept the 890J with LTI, although I guess if you get the money before launch you can always get it back easily enough.

I melted my 2nd 890J and 6 Heralds plus a couple of CCU's to get my Idris-P. Once I have a couple of dollars to rub together I'll probably get my Heralds back and await the Herald CCU's to Hornet.

With the last sale I've bought enough CCU's to make an army of F7C-M S.Hornets (14 in total)

I ended up getting a Weekend Warrior so no need for the 15th CCU upgrade, I'm set for all the game modes with the Alpha access.

Actually I was responding to Trade & Industries question directed at me.  For the record though I have the following:

890 Jump

Reclaimer

Retaliator

Redeemer

Caterpillar

Freelancer MIS

Freelancer MAX

2 Starfarers

Banu Merchantman

Cutlass Black

Cutlass Red

Cutlass Blue

Hornet Ghost

Hornet Tracker

Super Hornet

Mustang Omega

M50

I'd say I was set until the Bulldog's and the Hull D come out. ;)

Actually I was responding to Trade & Industries question directed at me.  For the record though I have the following:

890 Jump

Reclaimer

Retaliator

Redeemer

Caterpillar

Freelancer MIS

Freelancer MAX

2 Starfarers

Banu Merchantman

Cutlass Black

Cutlass Red

Cutlass Blue

Hornet Ghost

Hornet Tracker

Super Hornet

Mustang Omega

M50

With that many ships, I hope they're LTI...

I'd say I was set until the Bulldog's and the Hull D come out. ;)

I think you mean the

If you are looking for monetary value no one can tell you if the Hornet is worth it to you.

I myself prefer to pay for bigger ships and earn the smaller ones in game.  I really think the bigger ships will provide more opportunity to earn UEC quicker, but will have higher upkeep also.

That said, I Have 2 Super Hornets at the moment, and a Hornet Ghost, and will probably add a tracker when the next long insurance opportunity comes up.

I also will add a Vanguard.  Then I have to figure out how to clone myself.   :)  (great ship)

If you are looking for monetary value no one can tell you if the Hornet is worth it to you.

I myself prefer to pay for bigger ships and earn the smaller ones in game.  I really think the bigger ships will provide more opportunity to earn UEC quicker, but will have higher upkeep also.

That said, I Have 2 Super Hornets at the moment, and a Hornet Ghost, and will probably add a tracker when the next long insurance opportunity comes up.

I also will add a Vanguard.  Then I have to figure out how to clone myself.   :)  (great ship)

True, it's all pilot preference and skills of the pilot. On the other hand $180 USD for the Cupcake, it's the latest and greatest of the UEE Military. :)

I have one, but I love my GLADIUS....... :parrot:

I picked up a Gladius just for the looks of it. It's far too lightly armed to do much damage, but it's a fun little fighter for goofing around in. The Hornet is the beast of fighters, particularly the Super hornet. Tough as nails and more firepower than anything in its weight class.