Build help help with hardware moniter

TitanEntity

Heyguys, not to clued up on ovrerclocking, but please refer to below image, it shows 4515mhz max on all 8 cores, does this mean my cpu is overclocked to 4.5ghz?

I havent changed any settings and havent over clocked. I did notice my baseclock is 215.0 mhzninstead of the stock 200.0

Thanks.

post-2458-0-93441700-1406065735_thumb.jp

It cannot be possible that i have a stable clock of 4.5ghz? Because the only thing thatchas changed is my baseclock of 215.0 instead of stock 200.0?

I havent changed anything but the base clock...

I think it just show your standard  cpu speed and model  in you system's info .

Cpu z might show the "real speed"

when overclocking you have a multiplier and a clock speed

i.e 20x215 =4300hz or 4.3ghz

if you have a unlocked cpu you can change both of them if not its only the clock speed i think ^^ 

I'm a little rusty its been ages 

some motherboard has "easy overclocking / one button overclocking  in bios or in the software in windows" 

It does seem to run at 4.5 ghz yes. I'm also more familiar with CPU-Z so I'd advise running that.

But yeah increasing the base clock can give such an increase.

Didn't check the cpu though (nor did I check the image, typing this from my phone) but some mobos come with utilities (like older Asus ones with the software turbo button) that could do this.

Here is cpu z, i disabled turbo and manually selected base clock.

Running prime 95 for 1hour now on torture test, 51c with fan speed at 1616rpm cm hyper 212x

Base clock is locked at 215.0 and multiplier locked at x20.0 running at 4.3ghz, the other oc was up and down all the time.

post-2458-0-80674800-1406073253_thumb.jp